Having traveled from the Bay Area to LA numerous times, I like to consider myself a pro at it. I can pack in a mere few hours, we have set rest stops that we hit along the way, and the six hour drive breezes by.
Here are my road trip tips:
- Wear comfy clothes. In the summer I stick to capris or shorts because Central California is HOT.
- Bring a pillow and a blanket to help you catch some zzz’s (when you’re not driving of course).
- Pack your iPod and headphones for solo music time and burn CDs for when you are driving (The rule is that the driver gets to hear their preference of music.)
- Reward yourself with some good road trip food.
- Books and magazines help pass the time.
- Once you arrive to your destination, treat yourself to some frozen yogurt. You deserve it!
What are your road trip musts? I’d love to hear them!