My plans for this long weekend include: Thanksgiving dinner with family, reading The Hunger Games (I just started this week and I’m hooked), and scouring the web for Cyber Monday deals (I cannot deal with the lines and crowds that come with Black Friday). I’m looking forward to it.
While the origins of Thanksgiving are not something to be proud of, its message is a good one: being grateful for what you have.
So in no particular order here is what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:
- My family and friends
- The good health of my family, friends, and myself
- A roof over my head and food to eat
- Kettle cooked jalapeno chips, Thai food, red velvet cake and guacamole
- Books/my kindle
- Heaters, sweatpants, and fuzzy socks (to keep me warm all winter)
- The simple pleasures, my favorite being sharing a good meal with a good friend
What are you thankful for this year?
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!